on the 20th Century
Best Movies (and the Best Lines from Them)
Citizen Kane: Everyone loved it except Hearst. "At that
rate I'll be broke in a hundred years."
2. Casablanca: What a romantic movie should
be. "Round up the usual suspects."
3. Field of Dreams: This is NOT a baseball movie!
"Sometimes all the cosmic tumblers fall into place and anything
4. Bridge on the River Kwai: Misplaced loyalties.
"I suppose I'd have to kill myself."
5. The Searchers: Dedication to a cause. "That'll
be the day!"
6. Cool Hand Luke: Tale of a charming loser.
"What we have here is failure to communicate."
7. Twelve O'Clock High: What leadership is all
about. "The group, the group, the group!"
8. The Shootist: The choices we make. "I'll
not be wronged and I'll not be laid a hand on."
9. Day of the Jackal: You find yourself rooting
for the bad guy. "Go rob a bank."
10. The Blues Brothers: We've all been there!
"We're on a mission from God."
Most Important Events (and Their
1. 12/17/03 First manned flight:
And we went on to put a man on the moon just 66 years later.
2. 09/01/08 First Model-T rolls off the assembly
line: Americans can go places they never would have gone.
3. 07/28/35 Boeing test flies first B-17: Warfare,
and air travel, will never be the same again.
4. 08/06/45 Hiroshima is atomized: The US
launches the Superpower Club.
5. 01/28/48 Bell Labs announces the transistor:
The chip and PC are soon to follow.
6. 11/22/63 The mob whacks JFK: The beginning
of the end for the Kennedys.
7. 07/20/69 Man walks on the Moon: Why?
Because that's what a Superpower does!
8. 08/17/69 Woodstock Music Festival: Most
of the attendees ended up selling junk bonds 25 years later.
9. 08/01/81 IBM ships its first PC: Bill
Gates is on his way to his first billion.
10. 11/11/89 Berlin Wall comes down: We
win one more for the Gipper!
Most Profound Quotes
(And Who Said Them)
1. "Great ideas originate
in the muscles." Thomas Edison
2. "The way to succeed is to double
your error rate." Thomas J. Watson
3. "The measure of success is not whether
you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it is the same problem
you had last year." John Foster Dulles
4. "We at Chrysler borrow money the
old-fashioned way. We pay it back." Lee Ioaccoca
5. "Don't confuse fame with success.
Madona is one; Helen Keller is the other." Erma Bombeck
6. "Never trust a computer you can't
throw out the window." Steve Wozniak
7. "We shall put Soviet Communism on
the ash heap of history." Ronald Reagan
8. "Mr. Gorbechev, tear down that wall!"
9. "90% of my time is spent on 10%
of the world." Colin Powell
10. "To those of you who received honors,
awards and distinctions, I say 'Well Done'. And to the C students I say
'You, too, can become President of the United States.'" George
Programs - Web Site Design -
Sales Force Development - Strategic Planning
Sales and Management Training Program
- Who We Are - Free, On-Line Consultation
10 Most Common Mistakes Managers Make - Reflections
on the 20th Century
Back to Home
Ronald Reagan George W. Bush Cold War President Reagan President Bush